Wednesday, 1 June 2011

happy birthday, Marilyn Monroe

Today marked what would have been the 85th birthday of one of the world's most iconic women. Marilyn Monroe was, and still is, an inspiration all over the world- even to celebrities like Mariah Carey, who recently named one of her newborn twins after her. Marilyn's unique style was the epitome of glamour- to this day, 49 years after her death, she is still considered one of the most beautiful movie stars to ever have graced our screens. Sadly, her death has remained a mystery, but her legacy still lives on- through her movies, her beauty and the inspirational quotes that she was so famed for.
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot."

"What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel no.5, of course!"

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times, hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."




3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you, the most stunning movie star along with Audrey Hepburn!
    Everyone should learn a bit from Marilyn ;)
    xxx

    www.rubyccino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much love for her!! I think How to Marry a Millionaire is my favorite of her movies...or maybe Gentlemen Prefer Blondes...a very difficult choice.
    ~Deirdre
    http://picturesofpeoplewearingclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. shes one of the most beautiful ladies ever forget film star! love her such an icon!
    great post

    http://euqinom7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

leave me a lil message if you're cool. they make me feel special