Monday, 29 August 2011

burgundy, baby

Up until recently, my favourite colour was turquoise. But being of unbelievably pale colouring, I've had to more or less avoid my favourite colour unless I wanted to look like a washed-up mermaid (this situation unfortunately never arose).  But then I discovered burgundy, previously only (or so I thought) the colour of my granny's carpets. This Autumn though, its turned out to be the hue du jour- it suits all skintones, virtually goes with anything and perfectly complements the rest of the Autumnal tones (teal, mustard, burnt orange etc).

These are the most brand new of burgundy beauties from the high street. I want them all. 


Structured Sleeveless Skater dress in Claret,  from Topshop, £46

Combined Messenger bag, from Zara,  £69.99

Tie-Dye Skinny jean by MOTO at Topshop, £40

Burgundy lace cardigan, from Miss Selfridge, £28

Blazer, from River Island, £45


Belted Peg trousers in Claret, from Dorothy Perkins, £29.50

3 comments:

  1. Lol @ washed up mermaid. I've been to a couple of stores this week and from the look of things burgundy will be a hit this fall. I also bought a few burgundy things too, and i usually don't wear burgundy but it looks so good on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color! It may just be the new black this coming season, know?

    XX,
    Miranda

    And thanks for stopping by TheChicSheet.net!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - burgundy is one of my favorite colors ever. I am also pale, maybe this has something to do with why I like it? haha

    The burgundy jeans and dress are amazing...wish there was a Topshop near me!

    Thanks for your comments on my blog. You are very sweet!

    Tina
    www.fashiondynamite.com

    ReplyDelete

leave me a lil message if you're cool. they make me feel special