Friday, 12 August 2011

Christian Louboutin's 'Rollerboy' (or why I wish I was male)

Christian Louboutin is something of a God amongst women. His immediately recognisable blood-red soles have made his shoes iconic, and every woman worth her fashion salt has a pair on her wish-list (or her feet, if she's lucky). 

But Louboutin has achieved something that not many other footwear designers have. He has successfully managed to cater for both men and women to impeccable standards, with no compromising on quality. His designs for both sexes are notably unique, and always pioneering. In short, he makes your dream shoes regardless of your gender. 

It's very common for me to lust over a pair of shoes that I have no hope of ever owning. I spend the majority of my day-to-day life doing just that with clothes, shoes and accessories. But for the first time, I've been transfixed on the menswear collections. And its all because of Louboutin. 

Introducing the Christian Louboutin Rollerboy Spikes, a.k.a- the reason I wish I was male. 


The Rollerboy is a classic slip-on style, mostly favoured by gentlemen and, well, the elderly. But this is the Lady Gaga of the slip-on shoe. It is unique, it demands authority and is the kind of shoe I envision on someone like Chuck Bass. (I choose to believe there is a real Chuck Bass out there somewhere).

The spikes are the exclusive Rollerboy trademark. They look dangerous and powerful- basically, if bad boys were a shoe, they would be the Rollerboy Spike.









This is the latest design, the Tartan Rollerboy Spike, available for purchase from September 16th, with a side of edgy punk.






However, the Rollerboy comes in a delicious variety of flavours. If tartan is not your thing, perhaps you would prefer them in a casual, laid-back velvet? Or an eye-catching glittery material?  (available in both glistening gold and discoball silver).

Maybe your favourite fabric is denim? Or leopard print with a hint of red? Perhaps you'd rather a more classic material like suede or leather?  Louboutin has a style to suit all.  In fact, I can't even make up my mind which kind is my favourite. It's probably just as well I'm not a man, or my overdraft would take a serious battering.
                          
Glittery Rollerboy

Leopard Print Rollerboy

Classic beige suede Rollerboy
Denim Rollerboy



One of the first and most important things I look for in a man is his taste in footwear. Call me shallow, but you can tell a lot about him by what he wears on his feet. If I ever have the pleasure of meeting a man in Rollerboys, I won't leave his side until he marries me. Probs.




Available to buy here.

5 comments:

  1. you have inspired me loads through out your blog, keep it up girl :)
    love dearly http://www.wonderingwolves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are actually incredible, if only they had a female replica ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers. Really like the leopard and suede shoes.
    Another inspiring post. x

    ReplyDelete

leave me a lil message if you're cool. they make me feel special