Sunday, 18 September 2011

Fashion Week Favourites: Betsey Johnson (and my last NYFW post!)

I've always been a fan of Betsey Johnson, simply because she is so outrageously unique and I love her "don't give a damn" attitude (and the fact that she finishes every show with a cartwheel, even at the admirable age of 69). Her punky designs are never for the faint-hearted and her NYFW show was no exception. Inspired by burlesque, her models rocked some serious rock n roll sex-appeal alongside hot pink lips, chunky necklaces and thunderbolt earrings.

Neon was a huge element to the show- eye-popping, show stopping colour will most definitely be in vogue come Spring. Florals were also there- from little babydoll dresses to full blown, floaty maxis- proof that even for the punkiest among us, flowers will never go away in Spring.

But the biggest and most dominant theme was sex. There were more long, sprawling legs, balloon-like boobs and taut midriffs on show than probably any other show this season,  lots of sheer, see-through material worn over lingerie for a boudoir feel and, of course, plenty of the original sex pattern- leopard print.

You have to have a lot of confidence to pull of a Betsey Johnson look and the models, (including Betsey's daughter Lulu) with their side-swept locks and bold stares definitely managed to portray the designers signature rock n roll attitude.

My favourite looks from the Betsey Johnson show:











This will be my last post about NYFW, simply because I have to stop somewhere, and its now London FW. I havent even touched on the Victoria Beckham, Charlotte Ronson, Alexander Wang, Helmut Lang, Diane Von Furstenburg, Vera Wang or Marc Jacobs shows- all of which, if I had more time, I would pore over and analyse right here on my blog until I knew them inside out.  I might do so later, but as of now, I will be focusing on LFW and beyond! New York- you were a treat.

1 comment:

  1. i really like the third Look! you said she is so outrageously unique! I agree!
    xxxo
    http://van-de-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

leave me a lil message if you're cool. they make me feel special