Saturday, 17 September 2011

Fashion Week Favourites: Rachel Zoe

I begun watching the slideshow of looks by Rachel Zoe for NYFW with more than a little apprehension. I wasn't expecting to actually like her collection, mostly because of her reality TV personality and the fact that she is often accredited with the rise of the dangerously popular size zero trend.

But I was pleasantly surprised by the pieces on show. There were glamourous dresses- perfect for the red carpet, effortlessly ladylike suits- with both tapered trousers and stylish city shorts, luxurious clutch bags and an assortment of magnificent maxis, none of which would go amiss on any of Zoe's famous clients.

The look was very L.A- sunkissed with beachy-waved hair, but this time, with more than a hint of sophistication. The burgundy trouser suit would look as good at the office as it would on a night out- and it's this universal appeal that makes her collection so covetable.

Zoe's collection was the epitome of modern femininity. Her show was heavy on frills, but also on glamour. And so typically Rachel Zoe- which I'm now beginning to consider, may not actually be such a bad thing after all.

My favourite looks from the Rachel Zoe show:








1 comment:

  1. Amazing pieces!!! Love your blog!!!
    Cheers
    Anika

    ReplyDelete

leave me a lil message if you're cool. they make me feel special