Monday, 10 September 2012

NYFW S/S 2013: Calla

I'll admit I hadn't heard anything about Calla before I stumbled across photographs of this collection. The Canadian-born French-based designer was completely off my radar. But I guarantee after this cracking S/S 13 show, she will be all over the fashion stratosphere. Last Saturday, the first weekend of New York Fashion Week in a quiet evening slot, Calla showcased a stunning S/S collection. Relaxed, casual and feminine were key traits, with florals taking centre stage. The name behind the collection, Calla Haynes, has worked with Nina Ricci and Olivier Theyskens at Rochas, and their influence shows. With a focus on comfort, unique prints and, in her own words, "relaxed luxury, the understated, casual vibe is a winner. A under-rated designer, with a bright future and so far, a highlight of NYFW for me.

Calla S/S 13:










No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a lil message if you're cool. they make me feel special