Tuesday, 12 February 2013

NYFW F/W 2013 RTW: Alice + Olivia

Alice + Olivia is the fashion child of Stacey Bendet, an American woman who only ever wanted to find a decent pair of trousers. After an unsuccessful hunt, Bendet set up her own label in 2002 and the rest is history. Of course, Alice + Olivia offer a lot more now than just trousers. In fact, the F/W 2013 collection, shown at New York Fashion Week yesterday, spanned everything from ballgowns to beanie hats. The collection was romantic yet quirky, with lots of reds and blacks but a healthy dollop of print and colour too. Everything from the accessories- headbands, studded belts, cross-body bags and clutches- to the floor-length dresses were stylish and wearable- things that every woman wants in her wardrobe. Variety meant there was casual pieces such as the black maxi and naxy polo neck but also formal pieces such as the sharp trouser suit. There was also a variety of textures: shearling, boucle, wools, satin, leather. So much detail was involved in every look that it was obvious that it was a collection in which a lot of hard work and time was spent on, as well as being dearly loved by the team who designed and created it. Perhaps one of my favourite collections of NYFW so far, Alice + Olivia is a well-rounded, feminine collection which will appeal to every kind of woman.


Alice + Olivia F/W 2013:












1 comment:

  1. Oh my God. Alice + Olivia's collection in one word = Stunning. I might be a little biased though, as Alice + Olivia is my favorite designer and I just love all of the creativity and effort Stacey Bendet puts in her collection! These photos are just gorgeous, and I love the whole Victorian, vintage look it has.

    I'm so glad I just discovered your lovely blog on IFB! You're quite an amazing writer. I'm your newest follower! :) Would you like to follow each other?

    xooxo
    Kelsey
    http://runawayinla.com

    ReplyDelete

leave me a lil message if you're cool. they make me feel special